Are you getting a slower internet speed than your actual EthioTelecom subscription? Do you think there is a way to measure the actual speed? Congratulations you are on the right spot. Do not worry there are plenty of ways to do it and we will show you step by step. There are many factors for you to experience slow internet: multiple devices connected to your network, downloading large files or your service provider not providing the right speed.
This article will help you
- Check if your service provider providing you the speed you subscribed for
- How to report the problem if your service is not satisfactory
Best test practices
- Use different devices since the speed might differ from one device to another like from Mobile devices, tablets, or computers.
- Perform several tests over the day.
- Double-check the detail of your internet plan subscribed from the internet service provider.
Widely used tools for internet speed test
- Speedtest.net – This site shows the ping, download, and upload speed of your internet. The best feature about this site is you can compare your internet speed to the global average internet speed.
- Fast.com – NETFLIX-owned site mainly focused on testing the download speed of your internet. But it also shows other information.
How to check your cable internet speed
- Connect your computer to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Disconnect other devices
- Open your web browser.
- Navigate to https://www.speedtest.net/
- Tap “Go.”
What about on my phone?
What if it is still slow – time to call EthioTelecom?
Followed all the speed test procedures? Your speed is still below your subscribed rate? Then it is time to register your complaint.
- Call 994 (The EthioTelecom customer service number)
- Give your service number for the operator
- Receive ticket number after the complaint is registered. Follow up on the progress.
Hurricane Support is a Support First technology company that aims to give organizations peace of mind through technology. Learn more About us